Management Quota Admission MSRIT
Get management quota admission MSRIT under management quota. Get direct admission in any college or university. Know about the college and its facilities. We will give you details about the college. We have all the details of various colleges. Direct admissions in all top colleges in Bangalore. RV College, PES College, BMS College, MVJ College, CMRIT, New Horizon College, and Christ University are a few of the top colleges in Bangalore. All the course details are available with us. We will give you details about the college and facilities in the college. We have all the details of various colleges and also top college in Bangalore. Call or email us for more details. We are always happy to help you in any way possible. We are always happy to help you in any way possible. Call or email us for more details.
|Motto||Service to Humanity is Service to God|
|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India
|Affiliations||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT) is an elite, premier, autonomous, private engineering college located in Bangalore, Karnataka and is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University headquartered at Belgaum, Karnataka, India. The college was established in 1962. From Aug 2007, MSRIT has been academically autonomous for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs. While VTU will still award the degrees, the college has academic freedom in framing its own schemes of study, curricula and student evaluation. MSRIT offers undergraduate and graduate courses of study and research including Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Architecture, Master of Technology, Master of Business Administration and offers programs leading to award of PhD in various disciplines. In 2013, MSRIT was ranked 16th best engineering College in India by India Today and Neilson. The same survey also rated the college as the best in Karnataka. MSRIT is also a research centre in 12 areas including engineering and management disciplines. MSRIT is the only engineering college in Bangalore that is autonomous for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
The institute has academic alliances with Intel, IBM, Schneider Electric, JSW Steel, Cognizant,EMC, Nokia and other multinationals. It also partnered ISRO in 2010 to build the StudSat nano satellite and MSRIT was chosen in 2012 to join the consortium of colleges that would assist ISRO in thepresntl StudSat-2. The institute is also credited for the development of India’s first unmanned air vehicle (UAV) with an autopilot system.
History (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
MSRIT was founded in 1962 by the late Dr. M. S. Ramaiah, an educationist, philanthropist, and infrastructure visionary. MSRIT is part of Gokula Education Foundation (GEF) which owns and manages several educational institutions across various streams. The foundation also runs a Multi Speciality Hospital. MSRIT was the first institute started by the Gokula Education Foundation.
MSRIT is in the 50th year of existence and is one of the oldest engineering colleges in south India. Only 5 other engineering institutions have achieved this mark in Karnataka-UVCE, BMSCE in Bangalore, BVB College of Engineering & Technology in HubliMalnad College of Engineering in Hassan and Siddaganga institute of technology(Tumkur).
Administration (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
M. R. Seetharam,son of M. S. Ramaiah, currently heads the college management as director.
The autonomy given to the institute by the government is only for academic matters. The governing council of the college includes two principals of other colleges, one state government of Karnataka bureaucrat, one central government of India bureaucrat, and one member from the VTU.
Affiliations and approvals (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
Initially, MSRIT was affiliated to Mysore University, later with the Bangalore University (until 2002) and now Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. It is an institutional member of the ISTE and is recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) which is a must for any technical institute in India. It has been certified ISO 9001:2008 and has been accredited for quality education by the Central government of India Body National Board of Accreditation. The Architecture Department is approved by Council of Architecture(Government of India).
Undergraduate courses (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
MSRIT offers Bachelor of Engineering(BE) and Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) at the Under Graduate level. The Program spans over 4 years and is offered in 12 different branches. The Course structure is designed by the faculty of the college with the consultation of the faculty at VTU and IISc.
The intake in the college is fixed by AICTE in India and no affiliated college has the right to increase the intake. This rule applies even to colleges that are academically autonomous. In 2010, MSRIT’s students bagged 29 VTUmedals in academics. This medal tally was only next to RVCE in the state and was among 186 affiliated colleges of VTU. The medals were given away by governor of Karnataka Hansraj Bhardwaj.
Bachelor of Engineering (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
List of undergraduate programs offered at MSRIT
- Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science And Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial Engineering and Management
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Telecommunication Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Information Science
- Bachelor of Engineering in Medical Electronics
Architecture (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
The college offers 5-year Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) at the Undergraduate level.
Post graduate courses (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
The Institute offers 2-year Master of Technology (MTech) in the following Branches.
- VLSI & Embedded Systems
- Structural Engineering
- Digital Communication
- Digital Electronics And Communication
- Software Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Manufacturing Science & Engineering
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Computer Application in Industrial Drives
- Industrial Engineering
Architecture (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
Master of Architecture (Landscape Architecture)
MCA (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
MBA (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
Research programs (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
The college offers PhD program in 12 areas. MSRIT is an approved Research Centre by Government of Karnataka.
- PhD of Civil Engineering
- PhD of Mechanical Engineering
- PhD of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- PhD of Electronics Communication Engineering
- PhD of Chemical Engineering
- PhD of Computer Engineering
- PhD of Industrial Engineering Management
- PhD of Biotechnology
- PhD of Chemistry
- PhD of Physics
- PhD of Mathematics
- PhD in Management and Business
The college also offers M.Sc. (Eng) by Research
Activities (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
- IEEE: The college has an IEEE Student branch. The IEEE-MSRIT celebrates its tech fest Aavishkaar each year Various competitions such as Algomach (On Spot Programming), Design and Debugging (Circuit debugging), Robotics, Cyber Treasure Hunt (CTH), Paper Presentation, Gaming, Tech Quiz, Product Design, 8086/8051 Programming, Amazing Race, Photoshop Contest are held along with Workshops.
- TEDxMSRIT: This student organisation conducted a national event in March 2012. The event involved speakers such as Atul Chitnis, Dr.Devi Prasad Shetty, Soumitra Bhattacharya Praveen Godkhindi and others.
- UDBHAV: UDBHAV is the annual Cultural Fest held at MSRIT every year.
- VTU Fest: The Government of Karnataka in association with MSRIT held the 13th annual Youth Fest at MSRIT. The fest was named ‘Udbhav’. The fest was open to all engineering colleges.
Notable Student Projects (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
- In 2015, Team EDHITHA from MSRIT clinched 1st Prize competing against 39 international teams including teams from Israel, USA, at the Student Unmanned Air Systems (SUAS) competition at Maryland, USA., becoming the first Indian team in the history of the competition to clinch the title.The team beat 39 teams from USA, Canada,Germany, Israel and Romania.It’s indeed an incredible achievement when you defeat teams from top universities such as Cornell, NCSU, Israel Institute of Technology and the likes.The team was also awarded $6,900.The competition was conducted in Patuxent River Naval Airbase.
EDHITHA Team Members: Adarsh Joseph, Akash Muralidhar, Deborshi Goswami, Gandhar Kunte, Indhu Kamala Kumar, Kamesh Krishnan, Pawan Sudhindra Rao, Praneeta Mallela, Raghav, Sankha Karfa, Saurabh Sanjay Hindlekar, Sharath Monappa Nairy, Vishnu BN, Viswanathan Ramanathan.
- In 2014, a 4-member team led by Adithya Srinivasan from the department of Computer Science and Engineering developed a platform independent, secure and optimised identity service under the UIDAI at FINO PayTech used to simplify and enhance security in various institutions like banks, hospitals, hotels and insurance companies.
- In 2012, The MSRIT robotics team developed an autonomous unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) named “Moksha”, capable of following a prescribed track while avoiding obstacles in its path, to reach a set of specified GPS coordinates. The project was exhibited at Intelligent Ground Vehicle Competition (IGVC) held annually at Oakland University, Michigan, USA. The project also attracted sponsorships from various private companies. MSRIT was the only entry from India in IGVC 2011.
- In 2011, Students of MSRIT developed a system that can capture the brainwaves of a person and can be used as an authentication mechanism for personal identification.
- In 2011, MSRIT students registered victory at the Student Unmanned Air Systems (SUAS) competition at Maryland, USA. The SUAS competition involves constructing an auto-piloted unmanned air vehicle.
- In 2010, the college was part of a consortium of 7 Indian colleges that developed a satellite known as StudSat for Indian Space Research Organisation in 2010. The pico satellite was launched by the PSLV C-15 on 12 June 2010 from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota. The camera on board has a low resolution of 90 metres. The panchromatic images are designed to provide terrain information during the satellite’s short lifespan of six months to one year.
Industry recognition (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
- Karnataka‘s first IBM Centre of Excellence was established on 19 March 2009 at MSRIT. This center has been in involved in training students with software like DB2, Tivoli, etc.
- Schneider Electric: MSRIT has signed a memorandum of understanding With global energy management company Schneider Electric to promote technical excellence in the field of electronics, software and control engineering. The MoU covers “university partnership for curriculum development” and through this arrangement MSRIT has developed two courses – advanced industrial automation and modern controls, and energy management
- JSW Energy Centre of Excellence (JSWECE). MSRIT entered into a MoU with 8 Billion USD company JSW Energy for offering a one-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Power Plant Engineering for engineering graduates
- Intel Center of Excellence: International microprocessor giant Intel entered into an agreement with MSRIT to open a Centre of excellence in January 2010. The event was attended by Scott apeland who is the Director of Developer Networks at Intel, USA. The program aims at faculty development and inclusion of Intel processor in curricula of MSRIT. This center is only one of its kind in Karnataka.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions is entering into an agreement with MSRIT in a collaboration to create industry specific courses for students.
- Autodesk has recognised M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology as one of the Zonal Centre for the YEARLY CAD DESIGN CONTEST.
- Autodesk has awarded Professor Sunith Babu L from Department of Mechanical Engineering, M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology as India’s First Autodesk Certified Instructor.
- Autodesk has recognised Professor Sunith Babu L from Department of Mechanical Engineering, M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology as an Academic Council Member for “All India 3D Student Design Competition”.
Alumni (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
The college has an alumni association which is known as MSRITAA. The MSRITAA has initiated a book bank scheme and funding of research projects, among other activities.
Notable alumni (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
- Sajjan Jindal who passed out of the college in 1972 with a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is currently the Managing Director of JSW Steel.
- Dr. S.C. Sharma, another alumnus of the institute, is currently the Vice Chancellor of Tumkur University and he is also the Chairman of Karnataka State Council for Higher Education.
- K .Mallikharjuna Babu serves as the principal of a major engineering college BMSCE.
- Alok Kumar Mehta (born 3 November 1966) was a member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India. He represents the Samastipur constituency of Bihar and is a member of the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) political party.
- Guruprasad who graduated in industrial engineering is the Chairman CEO of ShareGiants Wealth Advisors Private Limited.
- Jasbir Singh a 1984 batch electrical engineer of the institute is the director of GMW.
- Suhas Gopinath, an alumnus of MSRIT Information Science Department became the world’s youngest CEO at the age of 17. He currently heads Globals Inc.
- Adithya Srinivasan, an alumnus of the batch of 2014, department of Computer Science, was considered for a nomination at the 57th Grammy Awards.
- Jayanth Janardhan, an alumnus of the batch 2007, department of Electronics & Communication former India tennis player
- Sudheer Babu, (dropped out) Tollywood hero, primarily works in Telugu Film Industry, is the brother-in-law of Telugu actor Mahesh Babu and son-in-law of veteran Telugu actor Krishna.
- Manish Kumar a 2001 batch MCA CEO of Enaviya.
Placements (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
Major Companies including Google, Schneider Electric, Accenture, Capgemini, Toyota, Larsen & Toubro, Carillion, Emaar, Amazon.com and Mu Sigma Inc recruit most of students on the campus. In 2008, 128 companies visited the institute for recruitment, but the figure dramatically plunged to 62 in 2009 to the global economic slowdown.
Rating by National Media (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
MSRIT was ranked 21st in India by India Today in 2007. MSRIT was put on 3rd spot in the list of top colleges in India by national weekly Outlook in 2007.The college was ranked 22nd among private institutions in India by the weekly Outlook. The college was ranked 6th by CollegeKhabar in 2012.Cetinformation.com rated the college as the 3rd best in Karnataka. MSRIT was ranked 16 among top 25 engineering colleges in INDIA by INDIATODAY survey according to 2013
Conferences (Management Quota Admission MSRIT)
International Conference on Advances in Computing 2012 was held at MSRIT between 4 and 6 July 2012. Springer Publishing would be published research papers passed at the conference.
- EMC Academic Summit 2012 was held at MSRIT in February 2012 for the heads of leading technical universities in India.
- Yantotsav is a national level student project exhibition that is held each year at MSRIT.